Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Friend

I very rarely make a card just for fun; I usually have an occasion or a person in mind.  But when I saw this sketch from As You See It Challenge, I just had to play along.  LOVE it!
AYSIChallenge089
As soon as I saw it, I had this ticket die in mind.  This is the first time I've used it as I wasn't really sure what to do with it.  I think it turned out really well.  I also used up a few pieces that had been sitting on my desk from previous projects.  So, it's a win-win.

Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps #147--make your mark (I used markers to color the flower and ink to stamp the background, flowers and sentiment)
Creative Inspirations #316--for a friend
Clear It Out--theme: anything goes, stash: anything goes
Loves Rubberstamps #154--anything goes
Cards Galore Challenge--anything goes
One Sweet Challenge--dies and/or punches
Crafty Cardmakers #140--stitching (I used a stitched die to cut the background layer)
One Stitch At A Time #238--flowers
As You See It #89--sketch

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Surely Goodness", "Text Objects" sentiment; JustRite Stampers "Crackle Background"
Dies: Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; MFT "Blueprints 13" and "Mini Ticket" border die

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the background texture on this great card! Thanks for playing along with the As You See It Challenge this week!

Heather Cooper said...

What a great take on the challenge sketch! The ticket strips are very creative and I like the pop of red the flower gives! Thanks for contributing to our gallery at As You See It Challenges this week.

Denice said...

I can see why you wanted to use the sketch...your take on it is perfect! Great idea to use the ticket die...it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week, good luck!

Josephine said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

vania said...

Nice card ! Thanls for sharing with Crafty Cardmakers ! Good luck :)
Vania

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Beautiful! Classy and elegant with that red POP! Thanks for joining us at LovesRubberstamps this week, hope to see you again!
Jennifer, DT

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card with lovely colors, details and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations :) Agnieszka DT

Unknown said...

Hi Heather,

I love your CAS card! That pop of color with the flower is just perfect!

Tammy

Sue U said...

Love your card, love the white on white with the pop of colour! Thanks for joining with our Real or Faux Stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon

Hugs, Sue xx

Chriss America Real said...

So lovely & CAS! Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Angel Design Team.
Hugs,
Chriss America Real – Stitchy Angel
http://www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Lovely elegant card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge. We hope you can join us again next month. Jo x